The BC Temporary Rental Supplement Program - BC Housing.


Some Pine Ridge Members do qualify for this program.  


Only a few days left to qualify for assistance in April

BC Housing has confirmed that many co-op members are eligible to claim a BC Temporary Rent Supplement (TRS).

You are eligible to claim the TRS if you live in:

  • A federal section 95 program co-op (Pine Ridge), and you pay the maximum unassisted housing charge.

Other eligibility criteria apply to all tenants and co-op members.

CHF BC has received inquiries from co-ops and co-op members about how to interpret the TRS guidelines found HERE.


Here is a short translation guide for housing co-ops.  For your purposes:

  • “Landlord” means your co-op
  • “Tenant” means a co-op member
  • “Market rent” means the co-op’s maximum unassisted housing charge for each unit type
  • “Government operating funding” does not include any payments directed to a co-op from CMHC

CHF BC is grateful to BC Housing for being so fair and flexible in establishing that co-op members qualify for the TRS.

Co-op members can APPLY HERE.  Co-ops then complete the second part of the application.  Bear in mind that the program is not retroactive, so you will need to apply by the end of April to receive a payment for April housing charges.  BC Housing’s turnaround time on depositing payments in co-op accounts is very fast.

Questions can be directed to BC Housing at 778-452-2836 (Lower Mainland) or 1-877-757-2577 (Toll free) or to CHF BC at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..


Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Free Joomla templates by L.THEME